Born in Caernarfon in 1933. From the year 1952 until 1954 he served his National Service in the Royal Artillery and then entered Bangor Normal College in 1954 staying until 1956. He subsequently taught at Maesincla Junior School and Syr Hugh Owen School until his retirement in 1990.
His art revolves around the landscape of Gwynedd, farm workers and fishermen. He is a member of the Royal Cambrian Academy. Works purchased by Gwynedd Council, Anglesey Council, University of North Wales, Bangor, The Arts Council of Wales, National Library of Wales, Bath University, and many private collections both at home and abroad.
He Exhibited at:-
Royal Cambrian Academy, Royal National Eisteddfod of Wales,
Royal West of England Academy, Royal Society of British Artists, London
Tegfryn Art Gallery, Menai Bridge, Albany Gallery, Cardiff
Tibb Lane Gallery, Manchester, Oriel Plas Glyn-y-Weddw,
John Davies Gallery, Stow-on-the-Wold, Snowdon Mill Art, Portmadog,
Electric Mountain, Llanberis, Oriel Arfon, Caernarfon,
Oriel Fach, Beaumaris, 1998 prizewinner, Singer & Friedlander –
Sunday Times Water-colour exhibition.